We have an active Eco-Team that meets once every half term to discuss Eco projects, carry out Eco activities and do our small part towards saving the world, starting with Walton-on-the-Hill!
Eco-Team includes two children from each class and welcomes help from friends and families. Run by Mrs. Whitton (Cygnets and Swans teacher) and supported by link School Governor, Mrs. Chesler, Eco-team champions all things Eco within the school as well as branching out into the local and wider community. Eco-Schools activities reflect our School Motto: Global School Vision - Village School Values.
In recent years Eco-team have been involved in:
- Seed collecting and planting in Jubilee Woods, Tadworth, working with the Tadworth Tree Wardens,
- Tree planting with The Woodland Trust at Langley Vale Centenary Woods,
- Litter picking our school grounds and in our village,
- Taking part in the RSPB Big Garden Bird Watch
- Making bird feeders,
- Visiting the Houses of Parliament, learning how laws are made and taking part in a discussion about animal testing,
- Organising and running Re-Love our Stuff raising the profile of pre-loved (second hand) clothing and accessories.
To see what’s going on take a look at our Eco Display board in the corridor outside the School Hall. This includes our Action Plan, Links to the Curriculum, Minutes from the most recent Eco-Team meeting and information about what we are currently working on.